Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Coconut Oil Pan Fryed Flounder


I just recently started using coconut oil in my cooking. After researching the health advantages of coconut oil, I wish I would have switched sooner. Coconut oil helps maintain cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease and weight loss plus many others benefits. You can buy coconut oil that taste like coconut or ones that don't. I prefer the oil that taste like coconut. I love my coconuts. Tropical Traditions is where I buy my coconut oil. They ship fast and pretty reasonable in price.

Here is my recipe for Coconut oil pan fryed flounder:

2lbs. flounder
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. old bay seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
6 Tbsp. coconut oil (for frying)

Mix lemon juice and eggs in small bowl. Mix bread crumbs, old bay seasoning, onion powder, sea salt and garlic powder in medium size bowl. Dip flounder in egg mixture then into bread crumb mixture. Put 2 Tbsp. coconut oil in large skillet and turn heat on medium temp. When oil melts put fish in skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. You will have to add coconut oil each time you fry a new skillet full of fish. The fish like coconut oil too and soak it up.

Do you have any favorite coconut oil recipes? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment