Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eat From The Pantry Challenge


Are you cabinets and freezer full? Join us in January for the Eat From The Pantry Challenge. I have a stock pile of food in the cabinets and freezer that need to be eaten up, so when I heard LifeAsMom and MoneySavingMom's challenge I was excited to join in. See how much you can eat from your cabinets and freezer for the month of January and stay out of the grocery store. My monthly food budget is $250, it's only my daughter and I. My goal is to only spend $50 in groceries for the month of January. I went to my local produce store and bought 10-lbs of potato's($1.99) 5 lbs of oranges($3.99)and some other fresh produce. I will have to buy milk and maybe cheese, but I get my fresh eggs from my sisters mother-in-law.


Stay tuned for some "thrown together" recipes. Hopefully my picky eater, my daughter, will try some new meals this away. We eat out maybe twice a week. I hope to cut that back to once a week. If there are any good deals at the grocery stores this month I will probably get them but donate to the food bank.


The new year is a time for new adventures and this year I'm trying to cut back on my grocery bill.


My goals:

1) Spend $50 or less in groceries for January.

2) Come up with a new family favorite meal.

3) Donate the great deals to the food bank.


This is just for fun and to see how much you can save and eat at home. Come join us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment