Monday, August 23, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken with Pears


Cooking is a passion of mine and when ever I find a new recipe I have to try it out. When I ran across this Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken recipe from $5 dinners , I knew it would be a hit in our house. I added some fresh canned pears to the recipe to give it a sweet taste. We had my step-dad and mom over to enjoy it with us. My step-dad made this comment, "this meat is so tender a baby could eat it." Yummy!!

Here is my version:

8 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1lb. bacon
1 granny smith apple (grated)
1 jar of canned pears

I first wrapped the bacon around the chicken. Placed it in the crock-pot. Then mixed BBQ sauce, grated apple and pears. Stir it up and pour over chicken. I cooked it on low for 4 hours, then turned it on high for 4 more hours. You probably could cook it on high for 5-6 hours and be fine. I just had to run some errands and didn't want it cooking on high the whole time I was gone.

Just add your favorite side dishes and voila, dinner is served. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment