Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY EARTH DAY



Today is Earth Day! Happy Birthday Mother Nature!

Everyone wants clean water to drink, fresh air to breath, and a toxic free neighborhood to live in. Make a commitment today to help the Earth. Start small but start somewhere. Whether it be teaching your kids how to recycle or planting a tree or eating less meat. If we all get together we can make a big impact.

Mother nature has blessed me with rain yesterday for my garden. The broccoli is getting big and radishes are ready for picking. Pretty soon it will be time to plant the tomatoes and beans. Yum!

I thought I would pack my lunch today in my reusable bag and eat no meat. Eating less meat helps reduce the methane gas that is released from cow manure. I believe like many others that eating less meat will help the slow down of global warming. I try to eat at least one meatless meal a week.

Other ways you can help on Earth day is to recycle your plastic bags. If you are planning a grocery store trip today, get all your plastic bags and drop them in the recycle bin out front of your grocery store. Most stores have these recycle bins.

Check out the EPA website for other great ways of helping "OUR" Earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment