Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Do You Compost?

Composting is all new to me. It seems very easy to do, so I'm going to give it a try. I think I'm going to build a compost pile out of wood, hopefully pallets instead of buying plastic bins. I have plenty of yard for grass clippings and I'm sure I can find plenty of weeds in the garden to throw in the pile. Most of my kitchen scraps go to the chickens, but they don't mind sharing.

More and more people are getting back to the basics. Raising chickens, growing their own food, making their own compost. Gardening isn't easy and not for everyone. I really enjoy gardening. It is relaxing to me to be in my garden, picking the ripe vegetables, watching a worm dig in the dirt, hearing the birds sing, smelling the warm soil. Call me crazy but I like the smell of soil.
Gardening has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. My grandfather taught me alot, but nothing about composting. Do you have any suggestions for me and my compost pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment