Monday, December 27, 2010

What to do with all the Christmas Gifts??


The presents have been open and now it's time to find a home for them. I like everything in my house to have a place. If not, then I give it to someone who can use it.

The Snuggie will stay in the living room, the cast iron pans go in the stove, and the new toaster oven on the counter. My old toaster stopped working about a week ago, so that's going in the trash.

This week I plan on going through my house and gathering all the items I don't use and donating it to Christian Outreach. They are a no profit that sells the donated items in a thrift store and takes the money to help needy families.

Goodwill and the Salvation Army are some other places you can donate your things too. Don't forget to get a receipt if you want it for taxes.

I have two boxes in my shed labeled donate and hand-me-downs. Through out the year when I find something I don't use or can't wear I put it in one of the two boxes. My teenage daughter is going through clothes like water running through a river. She has a job and buys most of them, with coupons and sales. So her hand-me-downs go to my 12 year old niece. She loves getting "new" to her clothes every couple of months.

I wish I could donate some of the food we had left over from Christmas. We always cook way to much. If you have every meet my Grandmother, you'll understand. I have a few ideas floating around in my brain on what to do with all the leftovers. More to come on that.

What do you do with all your leftover food from Christmas? Or do you not have leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment