Saturday, February 11, 2012

My new Favorite place to Eat: Great Harvest Bread Co.


If you have been with me for awhile you know that I'm trying to turn my diet around and eat healthier, more organic, less processed, real foods. So when I find a Real Food blog, I get excited. I know, sounds dorky, but that's me- the Food Dork :)

Recently I stumbled on a great blog about "Real Food", KathEatsRealFood. She has wonderful pictures of her yummy breakfast, lunch and dinners. Also, her husband owns "Great Harvest Bread Co." in Charlottesville, Va. (If you are near cville, you gotta go eat here).

The smell is so delicious your mouth starts to water upon entering the door. There are so many breads, muffins, cookies, scones, cinnamon rolls.... We bought a loaf of Dakota and a loaf of Cheddar Garlic to take home. For lunch I had the Twin Oaks tofu and pesto sandwich, the best sandwich I've had in a long time.


I must say, the people there were soooo nice and you could tell they loved their jobs. They were dancing and welcoming customers as they walked in. Oh, and they give you samples to try. The chocolate cookie was oh so gooey. It's a great thing to see employees happy :)

This is now my new favorite place to eat. Thanks Great Harvest, You Rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment