Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Obsessed with Bagels


Bagels, Bagels, Bagels.... I think of Bagels all the time now!

Garlic Bagels, cinnamon raisin Bagels, plain Bagels, rosemary Bagels, the possibilities are endless. Last week I made 11 cinnamon raisin bagels. My intentions were to take some to my Grandmother to try, that didn't happen. Two days later, no bagels. I'm not sure what happened, all I know is my sister, her husband and four kids were over and wham! No more bagels.

Time to head to the kitchen and make some more. This time I'm trying rosemary garlic bagels. Yum, they are so delicious and very cheap to make. Laura @ Heavenly Homemakers is having a Real Food- Low Cost Challenge. She is making recipes and calculating the cost of making. I calculated my cinnamon raisin bagels and it only cost me around $0.19 cents a bagel to make. That's way cheaper that store bought frozen bagels. Like I say, it IS cheaper than you think to eat healthy.

Ahh, for the love of bagels. Maybe one day I'll have my own bakery and everyone can enjoy my bagels.

LinkTomorrow's menu: Build your own tacos. Can't wait to see how much they cost.

What's your favorite at home recipe? How much does it cost to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment