Saturday, July 7, 2012

Par-bake Blackberry Cobbler



With all the blackberries mom and I picked this week, I had to get in the kitchen and start baking. I made 9 half pints of blackberry jam. Super easy, only took about an hour. Thanks to my Grandma for showing me and easier way. Once you fill the jars with your jam, put on lids and tighten the rings, just flip them over on their tops and let sit for 10 -15 minutes upside down. This heats the lids and makes them seal. I still have a problem though, what to do with all these jams and preserves?



Of course I had to make some blackberry cobbler. This time I par-baked them. Cooking them for only 20 minutes, letting them cool and then freezing for later consumption. Make sure to label with directions, you think your going to remember but if your brain is anything like mine, you'll forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment