Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SAVING MONEY WITH COUPONS


My recent trip to Harris Teeter was a huge savings for me. Everything I bought was on sale and I had coupons for. My local Harris Teeter doubles coupons up to .99cents. Total before coupons and vic card was $63.83, total after vic card and coupons was $16.51, a savings of $47.32. That is a 75% savings. My strategy is: I clip every coupon I see that I would like to have if it was free, if you don't have dogs you probably won't need to clip dog food coupons. Then I organize them in my coupon binder. I check the local grocery store ads each week and compare their specials with my coupons. Example: wishbone salad dressing was buy one get one free @ $3.15, I clipped a .75 cent coupon, they doubled that for a savings of $1.50. Total paid for two wish bone dressing were $1.65. Harris Teeter had two baskets full of discounted dog and cat treats. They had Jerky treats, regular price $4.19, on sale for $2.09, had coupon for $1.00 off= $1.09 total paid. Always check the clearance baskets or racks. You can find some good buys on them. Here is a picture of some of my shopping, I gave the cereal to my sister and also had two bags of cat food not pictured. Disregard the date on the picture, haven't figured out how to change that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment