Monday, August 1, 2011

Staycations: Part Two

The staycation is over with and now it's time to go back to work. I really enjoyed this years staycation. We got a lot done around the house and still enjoyed our time off. We visited a few places on our staycation as well.

We went to Monticello and visited the home of Thomas Jefferson. We got really cheap tickets and went to Kings Dominion one day. We took a two day trip to Va beach. I love the beach!

There's nothing better than the sand between your toes. Relaxing on the beach listening to the sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Jumping over the waves as they try to knock you down. Did I mention I love the beach. :) Sorry about that, I was off in lala land. Back to reality.

I wanted to get some canning done on my staycation. I decided since it was peach season to can some peaches. My local grocery store carries local peaches and I bought 40lbs. That in turn turned out to be 12 quarts and 9 pints. Minus a few we ate. They are going to be so yummy this winter to eat in a peach cobbler or just straight out of the jar. We also made home made peach ice cream, yummy.

We are very blessed to have an apple orchard a few miles away, Fruit Hill Orchard. Saturday we picked 50lbs of apples. Made applesauce, apple pie and going to make apple bread soon. The apple bread is to die for. It's a Martha Stewart recipe, I will share with you later in the week. Delicious!!

All and all we had a great time just relaxing and enjoying family time. What did you do on your vacation or staycation?

No comments:

Post a Comment