Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Egg Sale: $0.50 a dozen

Who could pass up $0.50 a dozen for eggs? Not me. Last week Food Lion had a dozen large eggs on sale for $0.50 each. The limit was 2, thankfully I work close by. I went everyday and even sent my daughter a few times when she was near by. Results= 168 eggs (14 dozen) for $7.00 ($0.04 an egg)




I know some might be thinking "what are you going to do with all those eggs?" The answer is = eat them. They don't expire until the end of May. Plenty of time to do some baking. We had a party to go to Sunday and I volunteered to bring deviled eggs, one dozen gone already.

We have been making omelets, scrambled eggs and hard boiled. You can also make egg salad sandwiches.


Or have an egg toss!

When there is a sale this good. I have to stock up. Only makes sense right? What would you do with 14 dozen eggs?



No comments:

Post a Comment