Saturday, March 27, 2010

FREEZER COOKING DAY












Today was my first real freezer cooking day. I experimented some a few weeks ago, but only made a couple of things. My sister came over today to cook with me. She has four children, her and her husband. For me it's just my daughter and I. Needless to say she took most of the food home with her. We had a lot of fun and help from her two year old and four year old. We made all of this is 5 hours.
Here is a list of things we made:

Lasagna (4 meals )
Stuffed Shells ( 4 meals )
Mac-n-cheese
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Cheerio energy bars
Breakfast burritos (3 meals )
Beef and bean burritos ( 3 meals )
Whole Wheat Waffles ( 4 meals )
Homemade Turkey Sausage ( 2 meals )
Meatballs ( 2 meals )
Home made wheat tortillas ( used for burritos)

Not bad for beginners. My sister is not big on home cooking, she would eat out every meal if she could afford to. Me on the other hand, I LOVE cooking. I also like to have control of what I'm eating. We'll see how long this food last us and how well it helps out our families. Maybe we can make this a monthly tradition.
I would like to have made more "meals" but ran out of ideas, my family and my sisters, would eat. Do you have any great freezer meals recipes? I would love to try some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment