Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chocolate Oreo Truffles


This recipe came from Kraft Foods. It is sooo chocolatey delicious. I made these for a Christmas party last year and they were a big hit. I had two ladies come up to me with pen and paper in hand wanting the recipe.

So, when it came time for our Meals on Wheels antique road show and bake sale, I decided to make these to sell at the bake sale. ( I volunteer once a week with Meals on Wheels) It's a great program if you have any elders that need a hot cooked meal. Our antique road show and bake sale has been a big hit the last few years, bringing in a lot of money for our clients meals.

Recipe:
1 package (1lb. 2oz.) Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1 package (8oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
2 packages (8 squares each) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted

Mix three cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1")balls.
Dip balls in melted chocolate, place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store leftovers in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Last year I crushed up some candy canes and sprinkled them on top. I left the oreo crumbs off this time. Experiment and Enjoy!

More Bake Sale recipes to come, apple bread, pumpkin roll and pineapple upside down cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment