Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shrimp Pasta with Vegetables


Shrimp is one of my favorite seafood, so when my local grocery store had it on sale this week I had to stop and buy a pound. I had recently bought one of McCormick's already measured spices for shrimp. I was missing some of the ingredients for their primavera version, so I made up my own.

Shrimp Pasta with Vegetables:

1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced onions
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
8 0z. penne noodles
1 lb. shrimp,peeled and deveined
2 cups vegetables ( I used red peppers, carrots and lima beans)
1 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tbsp. butter

Cook pasta in a large saucepan as directed on package. Add the shrimp and vegetables the last 10 mins of cooking. Drain and set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients in sauce pan until boiling. Add the shrimp, vegetables and noodles back into the pot. Cook an additional 3-5 mins stirring occasionally.
Serve immediately.

This will make enough to feed a large family. Add more vegetables or crab meat to go even further. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment