Thursday, October 7, 2010

Teaching Your Kids About Saving


Teaching your kids to save money can start at any age. Most of you know that I keep my two nieces on Wednesday's, so I always have a project for us to do. Most of the time it is cooking. They love to cook.

The other day when I was doing my regular daily reading on Money Saving Mom, I found a new blog. I can teach my child has great ideas for kids of all ages.

After a little digging around her site I found the "Save, Give, Spend Bank". My nieces had so much fun making their banks. I gave each of them 3 dimes, 3 nickels and 3 pennies for their banks. They loved hearing the "clink" sound when the money hit the jars. Krista, the almost 5 year old, is excited about the "spend" jar.

Next week I think we are going to do the "I spy activity bottle".

No comments:

Post a Comment