Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gratituesday: Thankful for bountiful gardens


This Gratituesday I'm thankful for a bountiful garden. I have been getting about 8-10 lbs. of green beans a week out of my garden. Tomatoes galor and now pears. If you are overwhelmed with fruit or veggies from your garden how about trading with your neighbor. A guy I work with grows watermelon but his green beans didn't do so good this year. Guess what we'll be trading??

Maybe your neighbor makes some delicious homemade bread and you have plenty of jams or jelly's. Donate your fresh fruits and veggies to your local food bank. The ideas are endless, just don't let the food go to waste. It breaks my heart to see fruit rotting on trees.

I think I'm going to try and make some fruit leather. Never made it before, doesn't seem hard, just time consuming. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Join me at Heavenlyhomemakers for Gratituesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment