Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Soup


When you think about sweet potatoes you think brown sugar and marshmallows. Maybe you think about sweet potato pie with caramelized pecans. Sweet potatoes can be used in many different recipes.

How about soups? It's that time of year when the air is getting crisp, the leaves are turning colors and you want a warm bowl of soup. Whether it be sweet potato soup or chicken noodle soup. Soups warm your soul.

I ran across this recipe for sweet potato soup and had to try it. Oh my gosh, is it every delicious?!?! I put 1 1/2 cups of lentils instead of the 1/2 cup because I love lentils. I also used chicken broth. Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers shows you step by step on how to make your own chicken broth. Much better than store bought and pretty darn easy.


This recipe made a big batch, it says that it serves 6, but with my added lentils and maybe, more water, it defiantly made more. I would say about 5 quarts. I froze some for later cold days. Yum!

What are your favorite sweet potato recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment