Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fresh Picked Strawberries

What to do with 23 lbs. of strawberries? Eat them. 


Every year my daughter and I have a tradition of picking pounds and pounds of strawberries. Strawberries are one of our favorite fruits. She doesn't mind picking them or eating them, just can't get her to cap them.

Fresh picked strawberries will only last 2-3 days once picked. Get your containers ready and make some frozen strawberry delight or whole wheat strawberry muffins. Freezer jam is another great was to enjoy your strawberries for months to come. Delicious on top of ice cream.

Yesterday was my daughter's last day of high school so I surprised her with strawberry crepes. She loved them. I can't believe my baby is all grown up. Feels like yesterday we put her on the bus for kindergarten. Sorry for the trip down memory lane, she's my only baby. Love ya Alexis!






No comments:

Post a Comment