Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Keeping a Journal of your Garden: Part 2

Back in March I wrote about keeping a journal about your garden Part 1. This had been the first year I've kept a journal of my garden and so far I'm glad I have.

I was out in the garden yesterday and was looking at my cucumber plants. They look stunted in growth, but blooming. I thought "wonder where I bought those seeds from?. Ah hah, I wrote that info down in my garden journal." I made a note beside the "cucumber seeds" and will continue to monitor them. This is a perfect example of why to keep a garden journal.

-It's also time to get out there and hill up those potatoes. Potatoes like to have soil piled up around their stem, not to high, you just don't want to expose any potatoes to the sun light. That's how you get "green" potatoes.


-Time to harvest. I picked about $8- $10 worth of organic lettuce yesterday and it only cost me around $0.50 for all this lettuce. I have been very blessed this year with the limited amount of creatures finding my lettuce.

 Gardening is definitely a money saver for me and my family.

What are you harvesting from your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment