Monday, January 11, 2010

Meatless Monday

On Monday's in our house we eat no meat. My daughter is not as strict on this as I am. Sometimes I slip up and just forget about it and eat meat. I am trying to slow down the consumption of meat from my diet. I believe the more fruits and vegetables you eat the better. I really love pork tenderloin, but I would like to eliminate pork from my diet. My grand mother gave me a recipe for cauliflower casserole. If only I could get my teenager to try it. It is delicious!
Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower seperated
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons mayo.
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmeson cheese

Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook cauliflower until tender. Drain well. Mix all ingredients together except parmeson cheese. Pour into a 9x13" baking dish. Sprinkle parmeson cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment