Monday, January 4, 2010

Meatless Mondays

One of my new year's goals is to slow down on the consumption of meat. I am not a very big meat eater anyway but would like to cut back some more. On the other hand my daughter loves meat, so there will be some differences in meal time. Mondays is going to be our meatless day, Meatless Mondays.

For breakfast we will have banana nut bread muffins and a cup of yogurt.
For lunch we will have a salad and bread sticks.
For dinner we will have grilled cheese sandwiches, corn and a salad. We are big salad eaters at our home. I go through 2 bottles of salad dressing every two weeks, note, it is just my daughter and I. You can get really creative with salads. Add dried fruit, nuts, flax seed, chicken or turkey, boiled eggs, anything you like. My grandmother make these seasoned oyster crackers that are really good on a salad. (I will post recipe soon)

I am trying to come up with more meatless Monday recipes to keep my daughter entertained and not realize she isn't eating meat. Maybe a veggie pizza!! We'll see how that goes.

The past four days of eating from the pantry challenge has been pretty easy. I haven't been tempted to go to the grocery store. But I did go buy the Earth Best diapers that were on sale this weekend at Toys-R-Us. I will shop HarrisTeeter if they have triple coupons during January. I can't pass up free or nearly free items.

If I find any really good deals I am going to donate them to my local food bank. They are always in need of food. Click here to find a food bank in your local area. You don't have to spend alot to help donate. Check out MoneyWiseMoms $10 food bank challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment