Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Orange Chicken Salad


Here is a nice refreshing summer treat. I made this last Sunday for my nieces birthday party and it was a big hit. Even some of the kids tried it, which is shocking to me. If it's not a hot dog some kids turn their noses up. "I'm not eating that" they say.

You can prep this the day before and refrigerate. When we got to the party I emptied my cooler of ice into my big bowl. Then started filling the orange bowls with the chicken salad. I placed them on top of the ice and garnished with parsley. We didn't eat until an hour later and they stayed nice and chilled. Oh, I forgot to tell you, it was 90 degrees outside. But we were in the shade.




The recipe comes from Azure Standard Blog. Great blog, check them out.

I only added 1 cup of the orange segments, it seemed to be enough. I used the rest to make smoothies, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment