Friday, May 20, 2011

Tension Headaches, Migraines, Concussions???


This post is a little different than my usual cooking and gardening. I just wanted to get some feedback on tension headaches and migraines from my readers.

My daughter is 16 years old. She was a soccer player up till this year. She took a bad collide with another player and was kneed in the head. Since then she has had headaches a lot. The doctor has had her on every type of medicine you can imagine. Some help for a little while, some give her bad side effects, some just don't work at all.

We have been keeping a journal on what she eats, trying to see if there is something in her diet that is triggering the headaches. I have stopped buying meats that contain nitrites, which is a migraine trigger. She has cut way back on sodas, only 1 or 2 a week. She gets a yelling from me when she drinks them because she knows it's another migraine trigger.

One of her soccer buddies recently told her it might be post concussion syndrome. I'm just sick of all the medicine not working and my baby still having headaches. She is scheduled for a C.T. scan soon.

Have you ever had a concussion? Migraines? Tension Headaches? What was your solution for getting rid of them?

Please keep my baby girl in your prayers.

Thank You, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment