Saturday, May 28, 2011

Obsession with Jars!!!




Do you love jars??? Ever since I started canning my own food a few years ago, I have been obsessed with jars. Jars are strong, they are stackable, they hold the flavor of your food better. Oh, and you can see what's inside. Call me crazy but I love jars. Big ones, small ones, short round ones, all shapes and sizes.

Most of my dried fruits and nuts I buy in the bulk bins at Whole Foods. It is much cheaper to buy than the prepackaged boxes or bags. And you can buy as much or a little as you need. When I get home I gather my favorite jars and start filling them up. If you cut off the top 6 inches of the bag it's much easier to pour into your wonderful jars. I found this out the hard way when the almonds fell all over the counter. A funnel works well too.

Look at this awesome jar I bought at the Goodwill a few days ago. It was only $1.95. Can't you just picture this jar full of yummy homemade marshmallows or banana muffins or oatmeal raisin cookies. To show you how big this jar is I put a pint size jar beside it. Wow, what a biggin...

Do you have an obsession with jars? What do you put in your jars?

No comments:

Post a Comment