Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Bagels with Pesto Cream Cheese


Why? Why? Why? Have I never tried making homemade bagels before, I have no idea. They are so yummy. Crispy on the outside and warm and fluffy on the inside.

I got out my bread machine this morning and was going to make some focaccia bread but ran across a bagel recipe and thought I'd give it a try. Ahhh, I'm glad I did. I just used the recipe from the bread machine book.

Bagels need cream cheese right? How about pesto cream cheese. Here's how I made my pesto.

1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 sprig of rosemary
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese- softened

Put all ingredients, except cream cheese, in food chopper and blend until nice and smooth. Add more olive oil if it's to pasty. In large bowl pour your pesto in and add cream cheese. Stir well until all is mixed and creamy. Spread cream cheese on your delicious bagels and enjoy.

Also try drizzling on some honey and sprinkle with cinnamon, on the other half of course. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment