Monday, January 16, 2012

Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas


Everyone needs a healthy breakfast to start their morning right. Well, at least I do. No, coffee and a donut don't count. Our favorite quick breakfast ideas are yogurt parfaits and warm oatmeal.

Yogurt parfait can be made many many different ways. I usually use granola, yogurt and what ever fresh fruit I have on hand. Layer it in a pretty glass and wow, breakfast is beautiful. It's also very yummy and healthy. You can substitute granola for oats or nuts. The kids love it :)

Warm oatmeal is my favorite breakfast. I use to eat cream of wheat all the time. I only cooked with oats, you know, oatmeal raisin cookies. One day I decided to try them for breakfast, no not the cookies. I heated up some water, added it to my oats. Threw in some raisins, honey and some cinnamon= WOW. What a awesome breakfast! I have been hooked ever since. So yummy!

What are your favorite quick and healthy breakfast ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment